SAP Data Requirements for production of Predicted Energy Assessments (PEAs) and On Construction Energy Performance Certificates (OCEPCs)
Since SAP calculations are based upon a desk exercise, and not a site survey, it is critical, that the correct information is submitted in order that a calculation can be undertaken. The following is a suggested list of the information sources and data items required.
Information Sources - paper copies of the following
1) Site plan to include orientation of the dwelling(s)
2) Plans of each storey, normally at 1:50 scale
3) Elevations drawings for each elevation
4) Section drawing(s) representative of the dwelling
5) Written specification describing the construction elements and services as per data items below.
1) Site address and postcode
2) Details of the principal heating and hot water system to include make and model of boiler, details of heating emitters, hot water cylinder size (if applicable), system controls - Eg: Worcester Bosch Greenstar Junior 28i - to radiators; 140 litre cylinder; room thermostat + programmer + Thermostatic Radiator Valves (TRVs)
3) Details of any secondary heating system present - Eg: a flame effect gas fire to the lounge
4) Details of ventilation systems - Eg: Xpelair extract fans to kitchen, bathroom, en-suite and utility
5) Details of the internal and external lighting - Eg: 100% low energy fixed internal light fittings
6) Details of the construction of all different floors to the property to include type and thicknesses of insulation and any other building products used. Eg: 225mm thick hardcore / 1200g polythene / 125mm concrete slab / 50mm Celotex tuff-R Zero GA30000Z with 25mm perimeter insulation / 500g polythene separating layer / 65mm cement sand screed
7) Details of the construction of all different external walls to the property to include type and thicknesses of insulation and other building products used. Eg: 100mm facing brickwork / 50mm clear cavity / 50mm Celotex tuff-R CW3000Z partial fill cavity insulation / 100mm Celcon Standard blockwork inner skin / 13mm 2-coat thistle plaster
8) Details of the construction of all different roofs to the property to include type and thicknesses of insulation and other building products used. Eg: 100mm thick Rockwool Rollbatts between ceiling joists crosslaid with 170mm Rockwool Rollbatts.
9) Details of the doors and windows to include sizes, type of frame, type of glazing, thickness of glazing, any low emissivity applications. Eg: 4-16-4, air filled, UPVc windows, low E glazing soft coat. Manufacturer's declared 'U' value = 1.6W/m2K.
10) Details of any renewable technologies utilised such as Ground Source Heat Pumps, Solar Water Heating, Photovoltaics